Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chef of the Week

Today was Jack and Wyatt's turn to be 'chef of the week' at preschool, so I brought this awesome recipe that is healthy, easy to prepare, and well-received by toddlers:
Berry Banana Vanilla Jello Salad
What's so great about this jello pudding yogurt 'salad' is that you can doctor it up with all kinds of fun ingredients depending on what your child likes.  I used strawberries, blueberries, and banana and threw in some Nilla wafers that served as spoons.  The class went bananas over it! And to be honest, I'm pretty crazy about it too. 

Recipe after the jump: 
Berry Banana Vanilla Jello Salad
Servings: 16 
Ingredients: 

1 box (5.1 oz) instant vanilla pudding (I prefer the Jello brand)
32 oz. container vanilla yogurt (I used low-fat vanilla yogurt)
8 oz. container Cool Whip (thawed)
1 cup chopped fruit (I recommend strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or banana)

Directions: 
Combine the pudding mix with vanilla yogurt with a whisk or hand mixer.  Mix until well combined (about 1-2 minutes.  Fold in Cool Whip and then chopped fruit. Enjoy immediately. 

PC and recipe credit: Butterwithasideofbread

No comments:

Post a Comment