Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Perfect Winter Pizza

There's nothing I love more than a mouthwatering pizza baked in my own oven. I found this beaut on Pinterest and it's the jam! Figuratively and literally. 
Fig, Caramelized Onion and Chicken Sausage Whole Wheat Pizza

Here are links to some of my other favorite pizza combinations:
Eggplant, Pesto, and Goat Cheese Pizza
Sun-Dried Tomato and Arugula Pizza
Sausage Lovers Grilled Pizza

Recipe after the jump:


Ingredients: 
1 pound pizza dough (I use whole food's whole wheat version) rolled into a 14" circle 
1/2 cup jarred fig preserves or fig jam (or less if you find you don’t need that much)
1 cup caramelized onions (I used leftovers that I’d made the day before, but if you don’t have any, just sauté a couple of thinly sliced white onions on low with a Tbsp of brown sugar and a little oil until they’re candy-like, about 45 minutes)
2 Р3 chicken sausages (flavor up to you-I used chicken chorizo from Whole Foods), sliced thinly and saut̩ed in a little oil until browned on both sides
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese thinly sliced chives for garnish
Preheat oven (and a pizza stone) to 400.
Place the dough on your pizza stone and bake for 4 minutes.  Remove from the oven and top with the fig spread, onions, chicken sausages and cheese. Bake until the cheese is browned and bubbly, and the dough is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. (depending on your oven) 
PC and recipe: Bevcooks

No comments:

Post a Comment