Monday, December 14, 2009

My DIY Menorah

The supplies:
Raw Manzanita Branches +

Dried Flowers + silver floral spray (or paint), light blue translucent paper, scissors, candle holders, and a glue gun

The Finished Product:
Schuyler's Silver & Tiffany Blue Menorah


Soooo, here it is, my very own homemade menorah.  It only took about two hours to make outside of running around the city to find the supplies. It was so much fun to make and was worth every minute.

Keep in mind that this doesn't have to be used as a menorah and can serve as a gorgeous candleholder for any table... And depending on your dishes, there is so much you can do to spice it up and make it reflect your style.  For some reason I keep picturing the branch in gold with hot pink flowers paired with Anna Weatherley's dishes.

I personally love silver and tiffany blue (as it matches my china), so I took that route.

I found the manzanita branches at a store in the 20's which apparently does the flower/plant backgrounds for Gossip Girl.  I found the rest of the supplies within NYC except the candle holders which I ordered off a german site per Martha Stewart.

And here it is paired with my China and Challah plate (in the same color) for a party for two. I'm still waiting on my linens, place mats and Tiffany blue napkins.


Notice the touch of blue in the Dransfield & Ross Dragonfly Napkin Holders.
I was so crazy about the blue that I placed an extra flower in my mini-challah (called a snail).


No comments:

Post a Comment