Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Have your cookie dough, and eat it too

After passing up countless edible cookie dough recipes on Pinterest  (because who in their right mind keeps edible cookie dough in their freezer?), my dessert prayers were answered with a healthful version that actually delivers some nutrients. (I'm no nutritionist but its ingredients are better than cookie dough). 

Cookie Dough Macaroons

While they don't look like normal macaroons and aren't made from traditional cookie dough ingredients, they are as satisfying and rich as the real thing.  I've been popping them like vitamins after dinner and I can't think of a better way to end my day. Go ahead and try them and get creative already. I plan on trying almonds and carob chips as well.  Finally, I find that they taste best frozen, so store them in your freezer.  




Recipe after the jump:



Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup raw cashews
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup rolled oats
5 tbsp agave syrup (I used light)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Using a Cuisinart, blend cashews and oats until a flour-like consistency is created.  Add agave and vanilla and blend until dough is formed.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Roll into 1" balls and chill. (I recommend freezing)

PC: SweetlyRaw

No comments:

Post a Comment