Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring-like Dinner

On Friday night I made a wonderful meal for my husband and friend visiting from Chicago.  Since I had a gorgeous centerpiece leftover from my flower class, I wanted to dress up the table like Spring with basket-weave placemats, green linen napkins, artichoke salt and pepper shakers (new from Pottery Barn that are very affordable), and my green lotus votive candles. 

The meal:

Drink: Italian Red Wine

Italian plate to start:
Caprese Salad (drizzled with a thick balsamic glaze)
Cantaloupe wrapped in fresh proscuitto
Slices of soppresetta served with Italian breadsticks

Fresh foccacia from Amy's bread

Arugula Salad with Balsamic Onions, Goat Cheese, and Candied Walnuts

"Back Country" Pappardelle Bolognese

Dessert:
Store-bought cupcakes from Billy's Bakery (I ran out of time)

No comments:

Post a Comment