Ice cream socials may be a thing of the past until you see Amy Atlas's most recent dessert table she designed for Kelly Ripa and Electrolux for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. I don't know about you, but the color palette alone is enough to make you salivate (it's a feast for your eyes). Bring on the ice cream! This would be my dream birthday party since I'm obsessed with toppings and can easily eat dessert over dinner anytime. (My Nana would be so upset).
Want to create your own Ice Cream Social (or make friends)? Here are a few of Amy's tips for creating a toppings bar…
(1) Include lots of toppings (we included nutella, fluff, fruit, crushed cookies, granola, coconut, and sprinkles for this toppings bar)
(2) Decant your sauces (we used caramel, hot fudge, and butterscotch) into easily pourable vessels. Keep the sauces towards the front of your toppings bar so they don’t drip on other goodies on the table
(3) Include some ice cream-inspired desserts (we used ice cream cupcake cones, ice cream brownies, banana split cookies, and ice cream marshmallows)
(4) Dress up your ice cream cones with decorative cone jackets
(5) Include lots of napkins on the table!
PC: Amy Atlas