Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Easy Mini Burgers




Here is a delicious and EASY recipe for Mini Inside-Out White Cheddar Burgers and sweet potato fries. This meal took no longer than 25 minutes. I just used what I had in my fridge!

Burgers:
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
salt/pepper/garlic salt (sprinkle a nice amount on there to coat all the meat)
Mix together and form into 6 small patties
Cut 6 small 1/2" cubes of white cheddar cheese (I use a low fat brand); place a cube in the middle of each patty and seal the edges; grill for 3-5 minutes per side. (I used a grill pan and had it on Med-High heat) about 3.5 mins for medium rare.

I served mine with Balsamic Onions:
1/2 yellow onion sliced to form rings
1 Tbsp of olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of sugar
dash of salt

Take a pre-heated saucepan pan and add the olive oil. Let it heat up for about a minute and add the onions. Toss them so they're well-coated. Cook for about 5 minutes (or until they look glossy). Add the balsamic, sugar and salt and continue cooking for about 15 minutes on low heat until the onions look caramelized.

Potato Buns:
I stick mine in the oven for about 5 minutes to get them warm and toasty.

Sweet Potato Fries: I buy the frozen kind at whole foods and doctor them up with a bit of salt and brown sugar. Spray with Pam and bake for 18-20 minutes.

Assemble and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment