Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chili Part II

I try not to make the same thing twice for the sake of this blog, but on Sunday night after a long day of traveling, unpacking, and getting back to the swing of things, I couldn't help myself and whipped up my favorite pot of chili. It was exactly what I needed.
Last night I decided I wasn't in the mood for just plain chili (even though my chili is far from plain), so I added some ingredients I had on hand and it was delicious.
The meal: Chicago-style Hot Dogs with Chili Cheese Fries.



The bonus: it wasn't fattening

The trick: Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Franks, baked fries, and low fat shredded cheddar
Preparation:  Hot dogs: prepare as packaged: I slice them down the center lengthwise (but not all the way through-butterfly style) and grill them on a grill pan on medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes.
Add them to your favorite hot dog bun (which I toast for 3 minutes in the oven)
Top with mustard, onion, pickle relish, tomato, celery salt, dill pickle and sport peppers

Fries:
Bake as directed (do not fry). Top with chili and low fat cheddar cheese


Entertaining idea:
Serve them in Porcelain Wrappers!


1 comment: