Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pea-licious


I just made Bon Appetit's cover recipe, Fettuccine with Peas, Asparagus, and Pancetta and absolutely loved it! Despite the cream and bacon, the dish is surprisingly light and can serve as the perfect first course or side dish (how it's done in Italy).  Other redeeming qualities? It's delicious served hot or cold which is perfect for Summer.  

  I substituted grated lemon for lemon peel, bacon for pancetta, and only used half the cream and increased the pasta water instead.  I served it as a side to chicken cutlets and a raddichio salad with balsamic glaze and ricotta.  It was a crowd pleaser. 

Here's how it looked in my adorable pasta bowl from Williams-Sonoma:



Other pasta bowls from my home away from home:

Marche Serving Bowl:

Tile Hand Painted Serving Bowl:
And a few other tools that will help you in the pasta department:

All-Clad d5 Stainless Steel Pasta Pentola:


Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer Pasta Roller Attachment:
(Stay tuned for my homemade pasta coming soon)




Williams-Sonoma, Bon Appetit

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you so much for sharing us about I page Review are very new things we're recommending to visit your weblog once more and again. 1952 california license plate

    ReplyDelete