Friday, December 3, 2010

Hanukkah 2010

I absolutely love celebrating the holiday season.  So in honor of Hanukkah, I decided to prepare a beautiful meal inspired by the season for my husband, sister, and good friend Laura, who's one of my oldest friends from Ohio. Since I grew up in a town with a very small Jewish population, my friends and I would always include each other in our different holiday traditions... Ie. I would join them for Easter brunch while they would join my family for Passover seder.  It was an experience that I loved that not only made me appreciate their traditions more, but also serve as an eye opener to show how similar we all are despite our religious labels.

Like all of those years growing up, some things never change... (thank goodness). We had a wonderful night filled with good food, good spirits, and good friends/family.  Isn't that what the holidays are all about?

Here's what was served:

Latkes with Apple Sauce/Sour cream to start:

Spicy Pumpkin Soup:
This soup is out of this world-it is now my favorite soup of all time.

Zomick's Challah:
This challah is equally delicious.  I bought it at Whole Foods and it's one of the best challahs I've ever had! It's great dipped in the soup.




Roast Chicken with Dried Fruit:
Also a wonderful dish-the chicken is moist and succulent and the dried fruit is the perfect accompaniment.


Double Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
Marshmallows, butter, & brown sugar-need I say more?


Store-Bought Jelly Donuts:
Who doesn't like donuts?

Happy Holidays!


PC: Latkes: diana's desserts, Soup: Junior Master Chef Australia, chicken: Bon Appetit, Food Network, Park East Kosher, & KosherMart

No comments:

Post a Comment