Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chip n' Dip

Having a 'Chip & Dip' platter is a must if you ever plan on entertaining.  Choosing one that matches the rest of your serving pieces is just as vital. After dozens of parties, I've decided I'm only investing in serving pieces that are white, silver, or wooden. Everything else (to me) just looks mismatched.   For those of you registering, please take my advice! I wish someone had told me this 2 years ago.

Here are some of my current favorites: 

Michael Aram 'Chrysanthemum' Chip & Dip
Nambe Scoop Server:
Great for a modern household

Michael Wainwright "Lines" Platinum Set
This is classic and beautiful
Atticus Bamboo Chip and Dip Tray
I actually own this tray-it's great for parties and holds a lot of food
Now the fun part-a recipe provided by my sister Meredith:

Feta Cheese Dip with Pita Triangles
Recipe:
Servings: 4-6
1/4 to 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 8 oz package softened cream cheese
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 tsp oregano
Other:
1 bag of pita bread, cut into small triangles

Combine all ingredients (besides the pita) with a whisk or food processor.  If using the latter, be sure not to overmix.  Form the mixture into whatever shape you desire on a plate or tray.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Top with diced tomatoes, chopped onions, and chopped black olives.

Serve with pita bread-throw the triangles on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 for 8 minutes right before serving.

Load the pita 'chips' and feta 'dip' onto your coolest tray.  Serve and enjoy!

*If you're pregnant, make sure the feta cheese is pasteurized. If not, pass on this appetizer.




No comments:

Post a Comment