Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunday Smunday





Come Sunday, I'm usually exhausted and often succumb to speed-dialing some mediocre Thai or pizza delivery. It's never that good and I'm left feeling unsatisfied and annoyed that I didn't make something myself. The fix: quick and easy and most importantly HEALTHY comfort foods! Baked Fried Chicken, organic mac n' cheese, roasted asparagus, and a light caesar salad with crushed (fat free) sour cream & onion chips for a nice crunch. Dinner in 30 minutes (take that Rachel Ray!) Easy, Breezy, Beautiful.


Chicken:
-I buy skinless, organic chicken cutlets
-dip them in egg batter (1 egg with a little bit of skim milk whisked together)
-dredge them in flour or else just put them right in kellogg's corn flake crumbs seasoned with paprika, salt and pepper
-Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes

Mac n Cheese:
-I buy Healthy Harvest organic mac n' cheesee and doctor it up at the end
-prepare as packaged
-add low fat grated white cheddar cheese on top
-when I'm not pairing this with baked fried chicken, I often add a layer of bread crumbs and pop it in the oven (for a few minutes) to give it a nice bite
-using ramekins is also an easy tool for having a serving size

Asparagus:
-as stated before, rinse, pop off the ends, spray with pam and add sea salt. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.

Caesar Salad:
-Rinse hearts of romaine, dry off, add low fat caesar dressing and crushed sour cream and onion pringles. I let it sit for a few minutes before serving so it's not too crunchy.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment