Friday, September 18, 2009

An Apple A Day












Being home in Ohio brings back so many wonderful memories... most notably going to the apple orchard every Fall to enjoy the fresh fruit and scenery. I'll never forget dipping apple fritters in hot and spicy apple cider. Nothing beats the simplicity of childhood.

As an adult, I still crave those apple orchard trips (and fritters) and love incorporating them into my Fall meals. Here are some interesting recipes that are sure to please:

Butternut Squash Soup with Apple and Smoked Cheddar

Apple Glazed Barbecued Baby Back Ribs

Root Vegetable Pan Roast with Chestnuts and Apples

Upside-Down Butterscotch Apple Sour Cream Cake

Hot Apple Toddy

***also, a really easy and delicious appetizer can be sliced apples (I love Gala or Fuji) with brie drizzled with honey and chopped walnuts.

Feel free to send me your favorite Fall recipes and I'll feature you on my blog! Happy Friday!
Health.com, Bonvivantevents.com, Food & Wine, Lost Forest After Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment