Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Green with Envy






I wasn't kidding when I said I wanted to make more soup! The following recipe can be altered by using celery root or cauliflower (with or without the broccoli).
Last night I made Cream of Broccoli Soup with Cheddar Crisps (from my post 'One Pot Wonders') and it was awesome! I had to add a lot of salt/pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a tablespoon of light cream, but otherwise than that, it was delicious and healthy. The cheddar crisps were a synch and can be used with any semi-hard cheese. I used reduced fat shredded cheddar.

For dinner I made 'buffalo' chicken wings (skinless, boneless chicken tenders marinated in hot buffalo sauce, and baked at 350 for 35 minutes covered in foil).  Annie's Organic White Cheddar Mac n' Cheese (topped with panko and parmesan cheese) and some celery sticks on the side. 

I think next time I'll bread the chicken tenders but they were still really good.


Recipe: Food &Wine


No comments:

Post a Comment