Monday, November 9, 2009

Quickie

Sometimes a quickie is the perfect ending to a long day. As we all know, the success to good one involves a pinch of creativity and a dash of open-mindedness.

Quickie of the week:

Toasted Butternut Squash Ravioli in a Balsamic Glaze with Chicken Apple Sausage and Roasted Asparagus (all topped with honey roasted almonds).




+


+


=

Ooooutrageous


The Butternut Squash was pre-made and frozen in my freezer from Whole Foods. It's a great staple to have on hand.  The apple sausage can also be frozen, but I happened to have some in my fridge left over from making chili. And the same goes for asparagus. Instead of using a brown butter sauce which is very popular for ravioli, I just drizzled on a thick balsamic glaze (found in the Italian section or specialty stores) which saved me a lot of fat.
PC: WineKitz.com, Cravingideas.com, thecnj.com

No comments:

Post a Comment