Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Street Cred

After trying a dozen recipes for perfect Carne Asada (Steak) tacos, I finally found one that is my new Rose (think Le Petit Prince).

It turns out that these amazing tacos were the creation of three brothers who were obsessed with bringing the delicious Cal-Mex cuisine to the streets of New York...  And boy did they do it.  Two taco trucks later (which have been voted the top street carts in NYC), they started their first brick and mortar operation: Calexico in Brooklyn. Check it out the next time you're here or else make this recipe to impress that special someone (or else yourself).  They are top notch.

The recipe:



The three brothers (and their cart)


PC: Food & Wine, The Daily News

P.S: I served my tacos with guacamole and sauteed onions and red peppers.  It was divine!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that this article is really a very good one. And I really think that this is one of the most productive and one of the best articles that I've ever seen. I wish that I could get more articles like this. online marijuana store

    ReplyDelete