Monday, July 5, 2010

Back in action

Hi all!

Sorry for the long response time... I just returned from my new favorite place on Earth-Greece.  Stay tuned for the unique Greek dishes I tried as well as entertaining ideas that I discovered on the other side of the world.  There's truly nothing like the Mediterranean... but I have to admit that it's nice to be back as I really missed my kitchen and had had enough feta to last me a lifetime!

This morning, after waking up at the crack of dawn, I decided to make an all-American breakfast that was exactly what I needed after 10 days of a foreign diet (let's just say I won't be eating Greek yogurt anytime soon).

Blueberry Corn Pancakes with Chicken Apple Sausage




If you use the Jiffy corn bread mix (as I did), this meal can be prepared in no time.  Add fresh or canned corn for a nice crunch as well as ripe blueberries to add a pop of sweet and sour in every bite. The sausage is the perfect complement along with good quality maple syrup.  Enjoy this meal while corn and blueberries are in season!

No comments:

Post a Comment