Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rainbow Bright Tutorial

Tools Needed:
Serrated floral knife, pruners/garden clippers, 20-24 gauge floral wire, paper scissors, and 2 6" square glass vases
Flowers: Pink Gerbera Daisies, Dark Pink Roses, Red Pixie Carnations, Orange Tulips, Yellow Ranunculus, Yellow Mums, Kermit Poms, Bear Grass, Blue Hydrangeas, and Purple Liatris.

A few tips from the florist:
Keep the flowers in cold water until you are ready to use them. Strip the stems of excess foliage. Secure smaller bundles of flowers with a rubber band or floral wire. Trim the ends at an angle. You can tweak the flowers as you go until you get the right look. Have fun!

The bunches of flowers are in rainbow order in the vases.
PC: Nicole Gerulet.  Flowers by Megan Dunford of Persimmon Floral

2 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. best vitamins for male hair growth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Buy Blue Meanie Magic Mushrooms

    ReplyDelete