Monday, June 25, 2012

Pin!

After months of hearing about Pinterest from all of my Mom friends, I finally jumped on the bandwagon and I have to say I'm smitten.  I've never experienced a site that satisfies all of my needs in one place... Facebook who?

Tonight I made a total stranger's Blackened Chicken with Cilantro Lime Quinoa and it was pintastic!  It is so good that it'll not only be part of my weekly lineup, but I would even serve it to guests.  I threw in some roasted summer squash with manchego and boiled corn since I had made it for my kids and topped it off with a dollop of avocado/sour cream sauce.  

Here's the recipe that serves 2.  You must try it!

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp butter
2 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 cup quinoa
juice and zest of 2 limes
dash salt/pepper
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional)

Other: Avocado sauce
1 avocado
2 tbsp sour cream 
1/2 juice of a lime
salt/pepper

Directions:
1) Prepare quinoa as directed (I use chicken stock over water).
2) While quinoa is cooking, combine all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl (paprika through cumin).
3) Rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry, and cover each breast with seasoning-front/back.
4) Add the olive oil and butter to a pan (I used a nonstick pan with a lid).  Heat over medium/high heat for about a minute and add the chicken breasts.  Cook for about 7 minutes per side with the lid on.  I kept flipping mine so each side wouldn't get too burned.
5) After the breasts are fully cooked (they should register at least 165 degrees on your thermometer), remove and allow to rest for five minutes before serving.
6) When the quinoa is finished cooking, transfer to a bowl and add the zest and juice of two limes and salt/pepper to taste.  (You can make this a few hours in advance to cut down on time). 
7) Remove the flesh of one avocado and add the sour cream, 1/2 the juice of a lime, and salt and pepper to taste.  Mix together.
8) Plate the quinoa and add the blackened chicken with a dollop of avocado sauce.

Follow me already.


PC: Yours Truly 
Recipe: Sarcastingcooking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment