Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pizza Night

My husband and I developed the gluttonous Sunday night habit of finishing off a Medium (sometimes Large) thin-crust pizza from our favorite pizzeria, Pizano's.  We find that there's nothing more rewarding than indulging in a mouthwatering pizza after a long weekend of keeping up with our twins.

However this past Sunday, after a quick stop at Whole Foods and picking up their homemade whole-wheat pizza dough, I decided to make my own pizza since I love to cook and am always looking for a creative outlet.  The results were astounding and my pizza was out of this world.  The crust was perfectly golden and crispy and the homemade mozzarella was savory and beyond my wildest dreams.  I paired it with a low-fat caesar salad and mounds of roasted veggies-summer squash, zucchini, and broccoli- Ina Garten-style.  And best of all, I finally started off the week feeling healthy and not an overstuffed sausage. 

Making a successful pizza is all about having a pizza stone and preheating it in the oven for at least 30 minutes at 450-500 degrees.  And using Whole Foods pizza dough doesn't hurt either.  It's pretty sick (in a good way). 

Recipe: Tomato and Mozzarella Flatbread Pizza by Giada featured in Food & Wine


PC: Smitten Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment