Monday, July 21, 2014

Greek Burgers

With just a few weeks to go in my pregnancy, the only thing happening in my kitchen (other than burning everything I put into the oven) is simple and speedy meals with very little clean up.  Tonight's dinner fit the bill with juicy Greek Chicken Burgers that I threw on toasted pita and topped with a dollop of store-bought tzatziki sauce (Cedar's brand).  I also roasted some broccoli (which I burned) and tossed it into a bowl of prepared couscous.  It was still a delightful meal that happens to be healthy.

I would definitely recommend this burger for entertaining.  Serve it with a big Greek Salad and Bobby's Greek Potatoes with lemon vinaigrette. As my son Wyatt says, Bam!

Recipe after the jump:

PC: publix.com




Greek Burgers:
Serves 3-4

Ingredients:
1 lb ground chicken breast
1/2 juice of 1 lemon
1 minced clove of garlic
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp each salt/pepper

Directions:
Using clean hands, gently combine the ingredients and form the chicken mixture into 4 patties.  Place the burgers on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes on each side.  Transfer to a plate and let rest for a few minutes.  Serve on toasted pita and add a dollop of prepared tzatziki sauce (I like the Cedar's brand).



1 comment:

  1. Properly I am basically getting ready to of these data, is extremely important the close friend. Moreover great website the following difficult valuable facts.
    multivitamin supplement for hair growth

    ReplyDelete