Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Italian Night Made Easy

Last night I had a some extra time on my hands so I decided to make whole wheat pizza dough along with a pasta dish that I recently had Piadina. I was pleasantly surprised (by 'pleasantly', I mean I called my Mom to tell her how proud I was of myself for making a dough that actually rose) and had so much fun doing it that I made a few extra to freeze for future use. I mean, it's not every day you get bread to rise.

The recipes:

Rigatoni with Eggplant, Tomato and Ricotta
(this is a VERY easy dish and it only takes about 25 minutes to prepare); pair it with a caesar salad and you're set. I also use part-skim ricotta and whole wheat rigatoni to make it healthier.

and

Amazing Whole Wheat Pizza with fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment