Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Guess who

I'm a popular fruit, often mistaken as a vegetable, that was once reserved for royalty (pretty fancy, huh?) Now I'm eaten by all walks of life (thank goodness because I'm no snob) and am sometimes called an Alligator pear (not so keen on that nick name, my skin isn't that rough)...Who am I?

That's a secret I'll always tell: The Avocado!

Bragging rights: I provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E , B-vitamins and folic acid (hello baby mamas), and I act as a 'nutrient booster' by helping the body absorb more fat-soluble nutrients. 

Now the fun part, EAT me:

Avocado, Mango, and Pineapple Salad with Pistachios and Pickled Shallots:
P.S. Throw on a little grilled chicken and call it dinner.

PC: Fine Living, Facts: avocado.org

No comments:

Post a Comment