Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Taste of India


I'm constantly on the hunt for easy, inexpensive, and healthy weeknight meals that will give you a taste of the world for less... like last night's Indian-inspired dish:

Chicken Tikka with Channa Masala (chickpeas, slow simmered with onions, tomatoes and spices) and Tandoori Rice

The perks? The prep time is only 5 minutes (literally)

The trick: Tasty Bite, my new favorite 'heat and eat' sides

This meal honestly beats any delivery I've had in NYC/Chicago and if I were to start comparing fat/calories I'd for sure come out on top. (I love winning)

Now all I need is a trip to India to seal the deal.
Recipe for Chicken Tikka:
1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken cut into bite size pieces
4 tbsp of 2% greek yogurt (or fat free)
6 tbsp Patak's Tikka paste (sold at most supermarkets)

 Mix the yogurt and tikka paste in a small bowl and add chicken. Toss to coat.  Marinate for at least an hour up to 24 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Place the chicken (without the excess marinade) on a baking sheet, cover with Pam, and bake for 25-35 minutes.  When you have 3-5 minutes left of baking, pop the channa masala and rice in the microwave for 90 seconds and place a serving of each onto plates.

Serve with naan or Indian Roti wraps.

Here's what to look for at your supermarket:


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment