Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dinner Party!

This past weekend I prepared a feast for my brother and sister-in laws as a thank you for hosting me (and my husband) in the Hamptons for the weekend.  Here is what was served:

The Appetizers:

Grilled Shrimp Cocktail with lots of horseradish in the cocktail sauce:
(Shell and devein shrimp. Season with salt/pepper.  Throw on the grill for 2-3 minutes on one side and about 30 seconds on the other.  Test for doneness.  Serve with cocktail sauce loaded with prepared horseradish)
White Bean and Pancetta Pizza:
Locanda Verde-Style Ricotta and Grilled Country Bread with Honey:

Second course:
Frisee Aux Lardons: (one of my favorite salads ever)

Main Course:
Strip Steaks from Allen Brothers:
Grilled Veggies:
(Throw your favorite veggies on the grill and top with a bit of olive oil and salt/pepper)

Dessert:
Monkey Bread (with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream)
(Pillsbury-style)


The meal was a slam dunk! The homemade margaritas may have affected their judgment, but I'll take it!

PC: smitten kitchen, food & wine, wonggawei's flickr stream, gourmet.com, anotherpintplease, floydthefoodguy.com, preparedpantry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment